This methodology is applicable for line marking on asphalt & concrete surface by using Thermoplastic Road Marking Material using Manual, Semi automatic and Automatic Road Marking Equipment with attachment of Glass Bead Dispenser to spray Glass Beads.
Thermoplastic Road Marking Material : "TRAFFIX" of Kataline Make as per M.O.R.T.H. Specifiacation
Glass Beads : Polters / Swarco as per BS 6088 Class B
Primer : CPX 10 of Kataline Make for concrete surface.
The work will be carried out by using fully automatic, semi automatic or manual applicator machine. Pre-meltors for preparation of material will also be used to speed up the work and provide uniform pre-heating of the material, if necessary. The equipment used to lay hot applied thermoplastic material will be able to provide continuous uniform heating to temperatures of upto 200C, mixing and agitation of the material.
Preparation of Material :
Thermoplastic powder is put into the container of machine and it is heated. The material is mixed uniformly by operating the mechanical agitator in the container. The thermostat is adjusted to a temperature of 180-200 degree centigrade. The material is added to the container to its full capacity and melted till it achieves smooth consistency. The molten material will be transferred from the Pre-meltor to the applicator's container and the temperature of the material is maintained between 180-200 degree centigrade. The molten material will be used expeditiously.
1. The Thermoplastic road marking will be executed by using Fully Automatic Machine or Semi Automatic Machine.
2. The thermoplastic material will be applied hot by Screeding or Extrusion process.
3. All surfaces to be marked will be thoroughly cleaned of all dust, dirt, grease, oil and all other foreign material before application of the marking.
4. The lines through which the marking is to be done will be pre-marked by using distemper or any other pre-marking material.
5. The desired settings for the markings (broken line, continuous lines etc.) will be made in the control panel of Automatic machine or the relevant size of screed box will be fixed to the applicator.
6. The glass beads for super imposition on the markings will also be put into its container and settings to be adjusted at 250 grams per sqm. The glass beads applied to the surface of the complete stripe shall be applied by an automatic bead dispenser or by bead dispenser operating on gravity.
7. The molten material will be allowed to pass into the screed box of the desired size (10 cms, 15 cms etc.) or adjusted in the automatic machine's extruder unit. The screed box or the extruder unit will also be heated using the built in heaters.
8. The machine will be driven through the pre-marked line and the screed box or extruder shutter is opened which will allow the material to flow to the surface and lay a uniform film of 2.5mm thick of thermoplastic material.
9. Traffic Cones, Safety Jackets will be provided to divert the traffic from the main carriageway to the next lane / road to save the marking from the moving vehicular traffic. After the 30 - 60 min. of drying, road can be opened to traffic.
10. For working on Portland Cement Concrete surface, a sealing primer from Kataline Infraproducts Pvt. Ltd. shall be applied to the pavement in advance of placing of the strips to ensure proper bonding of the compound. The primer will be brush / spray machine applied @ 4-5 sqm per ltr.
11. For marking of pedestrian crossings, directional arrows, chevrons etc. only manual applicator is used with 50 cms screed box and stencil wherever necessary.
12. A team of well-trained staff would be executing the work strictly as per IRC-35 and MORTH specifications.