Trakmark-WR Methodology for Application of Water Based Runway Marking Paint
This methodology is applicable for line marking of asphalt pavement using water based Paint using self propelled semi automatic Airless spraying machine with the attachment to spray glass beads, to the lines, shapes, colors and dimensions shown in the approved drawings.
The paint shall be homogenous, easily stirred to smooth consistency, and shall show no hard Settlement or lumps of material.
1. Water based road-marking paint TRAKMARK-WR of "Kataline Infraproducts Pvt. Ltd."
2. Drop on Glass Beads Potters / Swarco.
Graco Line Lazar 5900 with Glass Beads Dispenser.
Preparation Of Paint:
1. Open the drum and stir it well.
2. Add required quantity of water in the paint to achieve a proper viscosity.
3. After the paint is prepared, filter the paint from the filler cloth before putting the paint in the machine tank.
4. Check the shade of the finally prepared paint with the shade card before starting the work.
Preparation Of Airless Road lines Machine For Application:
1. Start the engine of machine.
2. Start the pump and clean the filter with clear water.
3. Remove the water from the hosepipe of the earlier days work.
4. Start the display or the computer fitted on the machine.
5. Adjust the pressure on display and also the desired micron size or thickness of the paint to be applied.
6. Put the paint tank on the machine and start the application work.
1. Check the pavement surface moisture visually, if available do not start the job.
2. Barricade the entire area of the day's work to prevent the entry of vehicle other than the equipment for marking.
3. Clean the entire surface using a combination of mechanical-broom and air jet to prevent the flying dust/dirt gets deposited on the freshly laid paint.
4. Clean and surface deposits such as laitance, soil or other granular materials using scrapers or wire brushes and then suing air jet.
5. Take reference points by Surveyor (Theodolite) for the correct location of markings.
6. Mark the borders of markings to the dimensions and shapes given in drawings, using white chalk or the same paint, which will be used for pavement marking.
7. Clean the internal area of marking using air jet or blowers.
8. Provide 100-200mm wide Aluminium Channel all around the borders or any other suitable method to avoid splash of paint from nozzles or wind.
9. In case of arrow markings use pre-fabricated stencils to paint arrowheads as per the dimension shown in drawings.
10. Check the thickness of point spray on the metal panel by use of alko meter before the actual start of work.
11. Adjust the height of nozzle from ground by a mock-up to achieve a continuous, uniform and streak free paint surface.
12. Using self-propelled semi automatic Airless spraying machine, paint the pavement marking in 2 layers to achieve a minimum thickness of 400 microns (WFT)
13. The wet paint film thickness shall be maintained as 400 Microns and the rate of spray of paint in Sq.M Ltr shall be determined after the field trials.
14. The glass beads shall be sprayed onto the painted surface simultaneously during the paint application work. The glass beads shall be sprayed @ 250/gm/Sq.M on the second layer.
15. To monitor the above, maintain a log showing the daily paint consumption and area covered.
16. Continue marking further.
17. Allow the paint to dry, not less than 20-30miutes.
18. Remove the Aluminium channel.
19. Areas where painting cannot be done by machine use brush to paint by
20. Hand to get the required finish.
21. Remain and protect the white crosses provided at the either ends of Runway until it's opening for use.
22. Close the painted area by suitable barricade until it's opening for use.
1. Proper area lighting shall be provided if night work is carried out.
2. Flagman shall be provided at all exit points of the trucks / tippers.
3. All tippers / Tankers shall be provided with reverse horns.
4. The speed of vehicles plying in the work area shall be restricted to 40kMpH maximum.
5. Check for the working condition of safety valves of air compressors, if compressed air is being used.
6. Provide guards to the moving parts of equipment.
7. Hand gloves / Face shield shall be worn while painting.